Norton Utilities Free Download full version. Get the trial version of Symantec Norton Utilities 16 product download for Windows XP,Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10.
Norton Utilities 16 Introduction:
Symantec Norton Utilities 2016 is a maintenance tool to designed help, analyze, maintain, optimize and configure a computer as it is one of the oldest utility for maintenance and in the market for this job since Windows and Mac release. Emerging from “unErase” or “unDelete” a program sparked in Peter Norton’s mind still and important requirement of daily life system usage. It’s initial release consists of 14 small programs which are few lines of code nowadays and simply small functions of different application programs. But at that time they have much importance for the user of that time as there were no such utilities available, and if there were some, they are manually developed by a developer for a specific system, not for every kind of system. Unerase of the first version used to recover deleted files while FileFix used to repair the damaged file. All other tools have the same kind of small(according to a nowadays point of view) but very useful. TimeMark, Clear, Print, and FileHide are other useful among previous. Version 2.0 came with FileFind feature that used to search for files. Nowadays many of these functions are adopted by operating systems as well as Windows too to enhance functionality. Nowadays Disk test was once upon a time a new feature of Norton Utilities 16 that used to check disks for errors at that time.
If you say, Nowadays mac OSs and Windows are made so feature rich due to Norton, you won’t be wrong. As version 4.0 included Disk Defragmenter, Speed Disk, and Format Recover features and 4.5 includes WipeDisk, WipeFile, and system information diagnostic utility as Advanced edition. After Peter Norton’s company sold to Symantec in 1990 after that it carried an extra name of Symantec too as now all Norton products are the property of Symantec. If you look at Norton 6.0 that you will see nowadays phase-wise division of different software applications and suites and that’s design not only sole property of Norton but the beauty of Software Development Engineering. It has two sections of Recovery and Speed. Recovery basically had tools to recover deleted files, repair damaged ones, restore formatted disks and to protect disks against data loss. Its Undelete became meaningless when Windows 95 introduced “Recycle Bin”. For Windows 95 it started new versions again from 1 while later in 2001 supported USB drives too for its different storage maintenance tools. In 2005 introduced Registry editor and registry tracker as Registry became a major part of operating systems. Then it again came in lights in 2009 by version 14.0 which got some attention with both good and bad critics. Due to high price and usefulness of some of its tools while added many brilliant tools in this version. Version 14.0 included Registry Defragmenter, Registry Cleaners, Disk Defragmenter, Startup Manager(a good one), Restore Center, Process Viewer and many others.
Nowadays Norton is competing successfully with its rivals like Ccleaner and AVG PC TuneUp that are also in the market with their own characteristics. Latest versions 15 and 16 have many tools that are good for maintenance in a reasonable price. They both came with a new GUI while they lack some of the short but important features like One-click maintenance(only available in latest but ineffective), quick scan etc that rivals have. Norton 16.0 new tools included Application Uninstaller, though powerful than that Windows have one, Norton Disk Doctor, Norton Speed Disk, Disk Cleaner, Disk Defragmenter, Norton Unerase(different than data restore), Registry Cleaner, Registry Restore, Registry Defragmenter, StartUp Manager, Restore Center, Process Viewer and Performance Test are a lot of tools that are more powerful than similar Windows utilities. While some new added like competitors did are Duplicate file finder, System Dashboard, Application Uninstaller and Windows 8 compatibility.
PcMag is listed Norton is a leading system tuning utility. It has the best of the best performance. So its review i 100% positive.
Symantec Norton Utilities 16 Summary:
- Symantec Norton Utilities 2016 are one of the oldest and classic utilities that are competing successfully with its rival maintenance tools with advanced maintenance features.
- Many of nowadays Windows default features were once introduced by Norton like Recycle Bin, Disk Defragmenter, Disk Cleanup and many such utilities.
- Nowadays Norton latest versions have many useful and powerful tools but it still lacks some small but essential tools like effective One-Click Maintenance and different quick maintenance scans.
- Latest version 16 includes features like Application Uninstaller, Norton Speed Disk, Norton Disk Doctor, Norton UnErase, Registry Restore, Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, Duplicate File Finder, Disk Defragmenter, Startup Manager, Restore Center, System Optimizer, Process Viewer, and Performance Test.
- While new features include Duplicate File Finder, System Dashboard, Application Uninstaller, Windows 8 Compatibility and these are the great but stable release of 16.0 was in 2012 though still useful. Norton Utility development for Mac has ended a long time ago.
Symantec Norton Utilities 16 Technical details:
- Software Full Name: nu18.104.22.168-smui
- Setup File Name: nu22.214.171.124-smui.exe
- Setup Type: Online Installer file
- Setup Size: 18 MB
- Architecture: 32 Bit/ 64 Bit
- Added On: 14 October 2016
- License: Free Trial
- Developers: https://norton.com/
Symantec Norton Utilities 16 System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP sp2/Vista/7/8
- Memory (RAM): 256 MB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 200 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Pentium III or higher.
Symantec Norton Utilities 16 Download:
You can Get the Symantec Norton Utilities 2016 product download full version. Just click on the button and download the Norton Utilities 16 for windows 10, windows 8 and windows 7.
Symantec Norton Utility trial download