Android Studio 2.2 Introduction:
Android Studio is official IDE(Integrated Development Environment) is official IDE for Android App Development. Android Studio 2.2 is the latest version of Android Studio presented officially in Google I/O, an annual Google tech conference. As it’s not new that there are millions of Android developers around the world and just like web design and development environment, Android also have many developers who don’t have any degree of IT field. They just have the passion for developing something amazing in emerging mobile OS that has more users than any other mobile operating system as it is open source licensed. Android have released many versions before its latest Nougat 7.0 while others included Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat, Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Froyo, Eclair, Donut, and Cupcake. Android Studio was initially released in beta version and based on IntelliJ IDEA of JetBrains. Android Studio wasn’t declared official IDE for Android Platform development but later on stable releases it is declared to be official IDE and support for Eclipse ADT Plugin support was ended. Android Studio is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Android Studio has the support of built-in emulator while also have the support for configuring other emulators even your own Android phone.
Before the release of the final version of android studio 2.2. They released the android studio 2.2 preview 1, preview 2,preview 3
Android 2.2 came with new features of nowadays successful compilers and IDEs as competition is rising and development environment is sensitive to shift to or adopt a new environment as its especially isn’t easy when you have a lot of experience of the previous environment. According to its new features of stable release that includes Gradle-based build support, ProGuard integration, Lint tools to catch performance and usability, Android-specific refactoring and support for Android Wearables apps and Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components. Built-in support for Google cloud platform and a rich layout editor that allows users to drag and drop UI components are other main improvements in the stable release of Android Studio.
While Android 2.2 developed faster with features such as new and more enhanced Layout Editor that allows quick and intuitive development of UI of application. As UI in Android development could be developed both statically and dynamically. Static UI development is a combination of both XML and Java while dynamic UI development is purely in Java programming language. That’s why it is necessary for an Android developer to have little or more Java experience. The main improvement of design is Constraint Layout and Layout editor. As Constraint layout allows you to dynamically develop UI but the main thing is without messing with nesting of multiple layouts. As problems with new features of emerging platforms are their compatibility with existent or previous platform versions but this problem is somehow made better here as support for Android API level 9(that’s Ginger Bread) is added in Constraint Layout.
Development phase new features of Android 2.2 includes improved C++ support in which you can now use CMake or SDK-build to compile your C++ projects from Gradle. Samples Browser that is a part of Android Sample code is now even more effortless to develop are also part of the development phase. Build phase new improvements includes improvements in Instant Run, APK Analyzer and Build Cache(Experimental). Android Studio built-in Emulator is slow among many other third party emulators, especially for old PCs. Other successful emulators include Genymotion(free and paid), BlueStacks and LeapDroid. In the testing phase, Android Studio as discussed built-in emulator is now improved with virtual sensors. Espresso Test Recorder is added but in beta while GPU is another one but in beta version.
Android Studio 2.2 Summary:
- Android Studio is official IDE for Android app development and now it has many features like nowadays other successful platforms development tools.
- New stable version has Gradle-based build support, Lint tools, ProGuard integration and Android Wear apps support features.
- Android new features as per development phase include improved C++ support, Samples Browser while Design phase includes improved Layout editor and Constraint Layout.
- Build Phase improvements include Instant Run Improvements, APK Analyzer and Build cache(Experimental) while Test Phase improved Android Emulator with virtual sensors, Espresso Test Recorder(beta) and GPU Debugger(beta).
- Built-in emulator of Android Studio, especially before Android 2.2, is nothing in front of the third-party Android Emulators like LeapDroid, Genymotion, and BlueStacks.
Android Studio 2.2 Technical details:
- Software Full Name: Windows: android-studio-ide-145.3276617
- Setup File Name: android-studio-ide-145.3276617-“OS”.fileformat
- Full Setup Size: 407 MB, 1.57 GB, 428 MB, 429MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer file
- Architecture: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- Android studio 2.2 release date for Download: 19 September, 2016
- License: Free(Apache)
- Developers: Android Studio Homepage
Android Studio 2.2 System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10(32 & 64 bit)
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB of RAM required minimum while recommended is huge as 8 GB.
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB minimum while 4 GB recommended.
- Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core or later minimum.
Android Studio 2.2 Free Download offline Link:
You can Get the Android Studio 2.2 free download for windows 7,windows 8 from here. Just click on the download button and free download android studio for windows 7 32bit setup. You can also android studio download mirror from different sources.
Android Studio 2.2 Windows IDE
Android Studio 2.2 Windows bundled with SDK
Android Studio 2.2 Mac
Android Studio 2.2 Linux